Why not me?

2 years ago, my brother-in-law ( Tech-Tri ) convienced my husband to run a marathon. It was so amazing watching him train and finish. I thought, I can do that too.. But wait? there is not one athletic bone in my body. I'm over wieght.. there is no way I can do that. My husband encouraged me, and I signed up to join a running group. (run/walk). best thing I ever did. Ran my first 5k July of 2009. Well this year again, My brother-in-law (love him!) conviences by husband to do triathlon. So I figured what the heck if he can do it..

Then why not me.!

So this is all about my adventures in training for my first sprint Triathlon. I picked the Women's Triathlon.


Monday, August 23, 2010

A Week in Review August 15 -23

I got in most of all my workouts this week.

Sunday - run 2 miles
Monday - rest
Tuesday - 1/4 mile swim , plus 3.1 miles run
Wednesday - Spinning class, and 2 mile run
Thursday - swim - 800m
Friday - went out with the girls...! (skipped workout today)
Saturday - Ran 9 miles..! Yahoo..! most miles ever.!

On Tuesday the swim and the run, was an actually a race. We skip the bike portion as it was off road. I was real nervous the whole day about this race. Of course I panic right after we all jumped in. My heart rate shot up, and I felt tired right away. I pretty much breast stroked most of it, I felt I took forever... The funny thing is that I took 12.3 mins. Which is my normal time at the pool. So If I didn't panicked I would have done it quicker. As on Thursday when I went to the pool, I timed my 1/4 and I did it in 11.3 mins. So I just need to stop worrying so much about the swim, as I know I can do it.. We have a few more open water swims, so hopefully by the race, I will feel much better. Good news.. Wetsuit has been ordered. Should be coming in this week.! Cant wait. The run portion of the race was fine, I did it a little slower then normal. It was off road, hilly and lots of loose dirt and roots. So I guess I was just trying to be a little careful, as I normally run on flat roads, but not bad for my first, I would say Agua/run..! :-)

Very excited ran 9 miles on Saturday. It felt real good. Only started getting really hard at the last mile. Used my husband fuel belt, but still felt I needed more fluids, It only comes with 4 - 8oz bottles, so I figured I can drink 1/2 a bottle ever mile, but I still wanted MORE..! I am sure I do not have to worry on race day for the 1/2 marathon, as I am sure they will have plenty.

We had a scheduled Brick for yesterday, but down pour rain/ lighting cxled that. So I went out with my daughters and did some school shopping. I know, I should have gone to the gym, but instead I took it as a rest day, as I was still sore from my 9 mile run the day prior.

Today - I had a day off, so after my husband went to work, I got up early and ran 3 miles...

2 comments:

  1. You did great in your "1st tri exp" race. I still get over anxious at the beginning of the swim. I know you will do fine and with the wetsuit you will feel that much more secure. Nice training week !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 miles!!!! Congrats!!!! Ray???? That is more than you have ever done.... :)

    ReplyDelete