Why not me?

2 years ago, my brother-in-law ( Tech-Tri ) convienced my husband to run a marathon. It was so amazing watching him train and finish. I thought, I can do that too.. But wait? there is not one athletic bone in my body. I'm over wieght.. there is no way I can do that. My husband encouraged me, and I signed up to join a running group. (run/walk). best thing I ever did. Ran my first 5k July of 2009. Well this year again, My brother-in-law (love him!) conviences by husband to do triathlon. So I figured what the heck if he can do it..

Then why not me.!

So this is all about my adventures in training for my first sprint Triathlon. I picked the Women's Triathlon.


Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Group Training and Milestone

On Saturday our group meet for a bike ride. We only did like 10 miles.. but man.. it was hilly.. not used to that, as normally where I ride is all flat.. It was a real good workout! It helped me to work on shifting. After that we had a tire changing clinic..! Now I know how to change a tire. It pretty easy after all, but hopefully I wont have to do that during a race.

On Sunday a few of us from the tri group decide to bike the actual race route. We were a little short as I started the garmin outside the gates of the park. It did have some hills, and it had this one great downhill.. but it was mostly flat. I feel a little better now about the race, as I now know what to expect. We do plan on riding this route again, at least one more time. Its hard during the week, as a portion of it, is on a narrow, very curvy road, kind of scary at times when cars are coming behind you, and if they do not see you going into the curve. ( I don't even want to think about it. ) That's why we went Sunday morning, figuring it would be less traffic.



So my milestone - I ran 6 miles on Sunday.. YES..! right after I bike 11.3 miles..! Its the most I ran ever. Very excited. So for this week, Friday we are going to run 7 miles.!

Monday - I was pretty tired after the bike/run yesterday so I took today as a rest. Which was good, spend the day at home, babysitting my neices 1 month baby. She was so good.

Today - I did go out for a 4 mile run, felt tired, and my legs felt a little heavy, but I did it. A little slower then my past 4 miles run but not bad. We may go out for a swim later tonight at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment