Why not me?

2 years ago, my brother-in-law ( Tech-Tri ) convienced my husband to run a marathon. It was so amazing watching him train and finish. I thought, I can do that too.. But wait? there is not one athletic bone in my body. I'm over wieght.. there is no way I can do that. My husband encouraged me, and I signed up to join a running group. (run/walk). best thing I ever did. Ran my first 5k July of 2009. Well this year again, My brother-in-law (love him!) conviences by husband to do triathlon. So I figured what the heck if he can do it..

Then why not me.!

So this is all about my adventures in training for my first sprint Triathlon. I picked the Women's Triathlon.


Friday, August 6, 2010

1st open water swim - Lake

We were suppose to swim last night at 6pm, but thunderstorms canceled that, so it was resheduled for 6am the next morning.. which meant I had to be up at around 5a...! Yikes.. as the lake was over 30mins away. No big deal.. at 4:55 am the alarm goes off.. Husband rolls over and turns it off and off I go to get ready. It was a quiet little lake, good place for my 1st swim. For those who do not know me.. I CANT STAND SWIMMING IN COLD WATER.. The only outdoor pool I can go swimming in is my brother-in-laws, as he always has it heated.. Love it.. Anyways I have not gotten my wetsuit yet, so I was some what surprise when I got to the lake and everyone, even the coach were in wetsuits.. I was like. so how cold is this water??? lucky enough 2 other ladies showed up without a wetsuit, so I wasn't the only one. So at this point I was not looking forward to getting in the water. I walked slowing up to the edge behind everyone else and waited to see there responds as to how cold it was.. lucky for me the water wasn't all that bad.. I was surprised. I think since it was so early that the cool air made the water not feel so cold. Thank goodness.. I still had to ease into the water, but after a couple of minutes, I finally got into the water to neck level.. OK that part is over.. phew..Now swimming. Which I thought I was doing OK, but we were told to swim to a buoy and back, and maybe it was the anxiety of everyone being there, but I just couldn't do it.. I felt like the first time I swam. I did get a little more comfortable after a few minutes of swimming in the water, but I do know I need to work on my swimming. Need to convince my husband to take me out for more swimming. It was kind of nice to know by 8a, I was done with my workout.. now I have the whole day to do whatever..! FYI.. the 1st thing I told my husband when I got home (by the way he was still in bed).. When are we buying my wetsuit??

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Brother when are you getting her a wetsuit!!!! Also we should all do some open water swims!!!! We will be in CT next weekend so be ready to jump in with us :)

    ReplyDelete