Why not me?

2 years ago, my brother-in-law ( Tech-Tri ) convienced my husband to run a marathon. It was so amazing watching him train and finish. I thought, I can do that too.. But wait? there is not one athletic bone in my body. I'm over wieght.. there is no way I can do that. My husband encouraged me, and I signed up to join a running group. (run/walk). best thing I ever did. Ran my first 5k July of 2009. Well this year again, My brother-in-law (love him!) conviences by husband to do triathlon. So I figured what the heck if he can do it..

Then why not me.!

So this is all about my adventures in training for my first sprint Triathlon. I picked the Women's Triathlon.


Thursday, August 5, 2010

Half Marathon


So a couple of months ago, I signed up for the Diva half marathon in long island...My 1st Half Marathon. It sounded like a good idea back then.! Well so besides training for the triathlon, I need to work on distance running. The most I have ever have ran has been 5 miles. The HM is 4 weeks after my Tri.. The good thing, my husband was going to sign up for the Hartford Full Marathon, but knowing it was the week after mine, and he would have to be training for it, which meant us running separate, as we are at different levels.. He decided not to sign up so he can work with me and helping me get the distance runs in. HE IS SO SWEET!, this is going to be a great help, as I don't know if I could have gone out on my own to get those distance runs in. So with that I started adding more runs to my schedule.
This week - 2miles (Mon), 4 miles (wed), 2 miles today and Sat I will do 5 miles.
The good thing I am on vacation for the next 2 weeks, so it easy to squeeze these runs in, and also the bike, and swims. Tonight if weather holds out (thunderstorms), our group will be doing our first group open water swim. Can't wait...!

No comments:

Post a Comment