Why not me?

2 years ago, my brother-in-law ( Tech-Tri ) convienced my husband to run a marathon. It was so amazing watching him train and finish. I thought, I can do that too.. But wait? there is not one athletic bone in my body. I'm over wieght.. there is no way I can do that. My husband encouraged me, and I signed up to join a running group. (run/walk). best thing I ever did. Ran my first 5k July of 2009. Well this year again, My brother-in-law (love him!) conviences by husband to do triathlon. So I figured what the heck if he can do it..

Then why not me.!

So this is all about my adventures in training for my first sprint Triathlon. I picked the Women's Triathlon.


Monday, September 20, 2010

Big E and Family Weekend

So now that the Triathlon is over.. next event is my Diva's 1/2 Marathon in Long Island. looking forward to that. I haven't been running much lately though. My last long run was like 2 weeks, prior to my Tri. I ran 9 miles then. I was scheduled to run on Sunday 11 miles, but that didnt happen. That was due to this..

That is the Big E's famous Crazy Buger, its a Bacon Cheesebuger in between a glazed donut.. It was soo Yummy. My Husband family came up for the weekend. We all went to the Big E. It's a big Fair that happens every year. Nothing really much changes each year, but we go for the food..! Lots of food..! So after a big Breakfast at my house, we all drove to the Big E. Surprisley the traffice was not bad all at. We did leave a little earlier and it sure made a difference. We had Our 4, plus my husband's Mom, her Husband and My Husband little brother, plus his Aunt and Uncle and 2 cousin meet us there. For such a big group we pretty much stayed together, and had the best time..!





We stayed all day.. 10am - 8:00pm. So you are wondering why I couldn't run the next day, beside being soooo bad in eating the wrong foods, I was so tired. My feet and hip hurt from all the walking. Its a pretty big fair. Some of the foods that I did see, that I could just not try..


Fried Jelly bean

Fried butter balls

Fried Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich

Fried Cheesecake - My daughter had this last year, she said it was good.

Fried Oreo


So as you can see by the above list ... not very heathly.. But I am sure its ALL GOOD..!

My Husband and I may go back one more time.. maybe I will try one of the above items.. who know.. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment