Why not me?

2 years ago, my brother-in-law ( Tech-Tri ) convienced my husband to run a marathon. It was so amazing watching him train and finish. I thought, I can do that too.. But wait? there is not one athletic bone in my body. I'm over wieght.. there is no way I can do that. My husband encouraged me, and I signed up to join a running group. (run/walk). best thing I ever did. Ran my first 5k July of 2009. Well this year again, My brother-in-law (love him!) conviences by husband to do triathlon. So I figured what the heck if he can do it..

Then why not me.!

So this is all about my adventures in training for my first sprint Triathlon. I picked the Women's Triathlon.


Friday, October 1, 2010

Sick, Sick, Sick and 1/2 marathon this weekend.


Last Tuesday, I started getting sick, didn't think much of it, but I figure I should try to get better and not run, prior to my half marathon this weekend. Well the sickness lasted till the following Monday. I even had to take time off from work, that's how bad I felt. I finally did a run this past Wednesday (last time I ran was last Monday) :-( . I ran a little over 2 miles, felt OK. No pain which was good. I figured at this point there is really not much I can do. I am still going to run the half marathon on Sunday, even though I feel I am not really prepared. I figured with the excitement of it all, and my wonderful husband and daughters cheering me on, I should be OK.! My goal is just to finish it! , with no PAIN..! :-) Wish me luck..!


No comments:

Post a Comment