Why not me?

2 years ago, my brother-in-law ( Tech-Tri ) convienced my husband to run a marathon. It was so amazing watching him train and finish. I thought, I can do that too.. But wait? there is not one athletic bone in my body. I'm over wieght.. there is no way I can do that. My husband encouraged me, and I signed up to join a running group. (run/walk). best thing I ever did. Ran my first 5k July of 2009. Well this year again, My brother-in-law (love him!) conviences by husband to do triathlon. So I figured what the heck if he can do it..

Then why not me.!

So this is all about my adventures in training for my first sprint Triathlon. I picked the Women's Triathlon.


Friday, September 3, 2010

Race Day..!

Well.. Just got back from Olive Garden.. YUM.! Tomorrow is race day.. A little nervous.. but very excited. I picked up my packet today, not much for a swag bag.. nice shirt and bag.. bunch of papers and Wheaties.! But I did end up picking up a few things.. New cool bike shirt, jacket, arm warmers and compression socks..!

Of all the things, I am most nervous of is the swim, I think after I finish that part, I will feel more comfortable about the rest of the race.

My husband and 2 daughters will be there to cheer me on.. I need all the support I can get.

Well good luck to all who have races tomorrow.. ! Best wishes to my brother in law, Tech-Tri, he is doing Touchman 1/2 Ironman tomorrow!

Below is a prayer I found online, it goes out to all the Triathletes..

A Triathlete's Prayer...

O God, You have taught us to compete with perseverance the race that is set before us. Give me good courage to run this race to the finish. Be with me when I am in the water and on land, so that I may feel your presence in all things--in wind and in weather, in the beauty and magnificence of nature, in the passing scene, and in the health and vigor of my body straining to meet this challenge. May I compete in this race in a way that brings honor to you, myself, and those with whom I compete. When I finish the race may I do so humble and should I not finish may I accept it with equal grace knowing that I have done my best.

author - unknown

1 comment:

  1. Luv the prayer! Where is the race report looking forward to reading! :)

    ReplyDelete