Why not me?

2 years ago, my brother-in-law ( Tech-Tri ) convienced my husband to run a marathon. It was so amazing watching him train and finish. I thought, I can do that too.. But wait? there is not one athletic bone in my body. I'm over wieght.. there is no way I can do that. My husband encouraged me, and I signed up to join a running group. (run/walk). best thing I ever did. Ran my first 5k July of 2009. Well this year again, My brother-in-law (love him!) conviences by husband to do triathlon. So I figured what the heck if he can do it..

Then why not me.!

So this is all about my adventures in training for my first sprint Triathlon. I picked the Women's Triathlon.


Thursday, June 24, 2010

Running in Pain..!

I have been really slacking on working out.. I have done a few swims, and I have only done 3 runs and 1 bike ride in a 3 week span. So it didn't surprise me when I started running yesterday that my hip starting hurting.. I was determine to run the full 5k. So I kept going, running slower and slower..It also didn't help that is was in the high 80. I do regret it today..As I can barely walk today. I did ice the area, hopefully this will get better by tomorrow as I want to go do another run.

What I did notice ... As you may recall from my 1st run using the Garmin, my heart rate was pretty low, and my husband said I wasn't working hard enough.. Funny though when we went on our bike ride. The Garmin picked up like the first couple of mins then it died..no Heart rate! I figured out all this time it was picking up his heart rate. As at the start of the bike ride he was with me, then he of course at his speed, I wasn't about to keep up..! So we fixed that issue, and now the Garmin picks up my heart rate.

Well hopefully, I feel better for a run tomorrow.. As I really need to get myself into some time of schedule, and stick to a routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment