Why not me?

2 years ago, my brother-in-law ( Tech-Tri ) convienced my husband to run a marathon. It was so amazing watching him train and finish. I thought, I can do that too.. But wait? there is not one athletic bone in my body. I'm over wieght.. there is no way I can do that. My husband encouraged me, and I signed up to join a running group. (run/walk). best thing I ever did. Ran my first 5k July of 2009. Well this year again, My brother-in-law (love him!) conviences by husband to do triathlon. So I figured what the heck if he can do it..

Then why not me.!

So this is all about my adventures in training for my first sprint Triathlon. I picked the Women's Triathlon.


Thursday, June 3, 2010

New Watch!



Got my new watch for swimming. Timex Women's T5H471 30-Lap Ironman Triathlon Fast Wrap Watch. Nothing fancy, but I like it. (and its Pink!)..love it..! Love the Velcro fabric straps, very comfortable. Its easy to use and easy to read. It has a standard timer and chrono features. Three different alarms, you can set them up with three distinctive sounds and you can set each alarm for different things (e.g. weekends, weekdays). It also as an occasion feature. You can set an alarm to notify you of a special occasion for any day(s) of the year (e.g. birthday on 8/12). I have used it so far twice.. and no issues. As I have read other reviews on other watches where it would fog up after being in the water. Love the fact I do not have to keep remembering what lap I am on. It gives you the total time, plus it gives you the split for each lap.


Swimming -


800 meters - 6/1 - 26 min and 40 sec

800 meters - 6/4 - 25 mins and 24 sec


Working on getting faster.. I start off with the first few laps under a min.. but then I slow down at the end... go figure. haha. Breathing is getting better, mostly on one side. Trying to work on breathing on both sides.


GOOD NEWS - My husband just advised me that my new Garmin 305 that he purchased are in.. He got one for both of us. So excited.! As I always see my brother -in-law add all these map, and charts to his blogs with all great information. Now I have that too!.. It will be great to know my pace while I run and keeps track of mileage. Can't wait to try it.!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Myra! I see you are Jason's sister in law from your description at the top of your blog. Not hard to get bit by the fitness bug when you are surrounded by all the motivation. I look forward to following you and thanks for visiting my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Myra
    well done on starting the road to finishing your 1st Triathlon. keep up the good work.
    well done
    Johan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you KC and Johan.. Looking forward to my 1st Triathlon and hoping to continue with future Tri..! My husband is hoping one day I can do an Ironman with him..!

    ReplyDelete