Why not me?

2 years ago, my brother-in-law ( Tech-Tri ) convienced my husband to run a marathon. It was so amazing watching him train and finish. I thought, I can do that too.. But wait? there is not one athletic bone in my body. I'm over wieght.. there is no way I can do that. My husband encouraged me, and I signed up to join a running group. (run/walk). best thing I ever did. Ran my first 5k July of 2009. Well this year again, My brother-in-law (love him!) conviences by husband to do triathlon. So I figured what the heck if he can do it..

Then why not me.!

So this is all about my adventures in training for my first sprint Triathlon. I picked the Women's Triathlon.


Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm not breaking any Olympic records with this pace!

So my excuse.. well I have been skipping my running workouts. The last time I actually ran was May 16th.. I did 5 miles that day.. 12:00 pace. But different story yesterday, I was planning on going 5 miles again.. after 1.5 miles I turned around.. did a total of 3 miles, at the turtle pace of 12:57 pace. Bad day..

Well the good thing about it all.. I got to try out my new Garmin! Which of course gave it to me how slow I am in graphs! Just great.. Anways this thing is big!. I have a small wrist, my wrist is around 6 inches round. At first I was like I can't run with this. But really after a few minutes it didnt even bother me. I love how it tells me my pace while I run. Which, did I mention was SLOW! My husband said I was not trying running hard enough as my HR was was low. but my legs spoke differently, they didn't care about my HR.

Below is information from the Garmin:














Looking forward to using the Garmin on future workouts. I have learned alot about the Garmin from DC Rainmaker review on The Garmin 305.


1 comment:

  1. nice incline you have there the first half of the run was all up hill. So......Do you like the watch????

    ReplyDelete